Well, it is very nearly Christmas, so I thought I’d share with you the top ten books I’ve enjoyed most this year, books you should definately read if you haven’t already.
Here is my count-down.
10. The Vampire Diaries – Recently made into a tv series, these books by L.J Smith are good! The first part of the series was written in the early nineties (I believe) and she’s still writing them now. Who says vampire books go out of fashion?
9. Harry Potter – Who doesn’t like these books? J.K Rowling is arguably one of the best writers of fantasy, so if you haven’t read these, get them on your Christmas list!
8. The Twilight Saga – Perhaps only the most famous fantasy series of the 2000s? Stephanie Meyer sparked off the whole new vampire-romance book era.
7. House Of Night Series – For older teen readers, these books are very good. The first books in the series are written in first person, but later novels have third person narratives in them too. Written by mother and daughter, P.C and Kristen Cast.
6. The Moganville Vampire Books – I love this series by Rachel Caine… brings the idea of vampires to a whole new level.
5. Texas Gothic – Now this book is fantastic. Featuring the main character, Amy, as a ‘witch’, we see a whole new side of fantasy which isn’t all about vampires. And I find this book very realistic and believable. Rosemary Clement-Moore is an excellent writer.
4. Dark Heart Forever – I read this book earlier on in the year. And it was fantastic. Lee Monroe has an amazing ability to capture the readers’ hearts as she tells this romantic, but dangerous story…
3. Vamapire Academy Series – Whoever hasn’t read this series is missiong out. Big time. These books are AMAZING. Author Richelle Mead as an ingenious way of getting readers into main character Rose’s head. And the gripping storyline gets better with every book. This series is a must-read!
2. The Hunger Games Trilogy – Suzanne Collins’ science-fiction/fantasy series is amazing. And the film is out in March 2012 I believe…
1. Bloodlines – The new series by Richelle Mead featuring characters from her Vampire Academy books. And the first book (also called Bloodlines) was just as epic. The second in the series ‘The Golden Lily’ is out in the summer of 2012.
So, there you have it! The must-read fantasy books of 2011 for young adult readers.